On Air India Flights
Every time you fly Air India, you accrue miles based on sector and the booking class. The miles you earn on domestic sector and on international sectors operated by Air India under AI code are given below.
Select the origin and destination to know the base miles for a sector. The base miles shall be multiplied by the accrual level as per booked class to arrive accrual miles.
Mileage points accruals for different classes are as follows:
|Accrual Level as %
of base miles
|Economy Class||Y, B||100%||125%|
|K, Q, V||75%|
|G, L, U||50%|
Please indicate your Flying Returns unique 9 digits membership number at the time of booking,and check that it is reflected on your boarding card, to ensure automatic accrual of mileage points in your account. If for some reason, you find that miles for a particular flight have not been credited in your account, you can claim those 'retroactively' within a period of six months from the date of travel.
If miles are not reflected in your Statement, you can claim those online by logging in to your account OR by calling Air India Call Center on 1800 180 1407 OR by through the Flying Returns Member Service Centre. Proof of travel (PNR details, copies of boarding pass / ticket) may be needed.
You can redeem your miles for:
- Flight Awards on Air India
- Upgrade Awards on Air India
- Flight Awards on Star Alliance Partner Airlines
- Upgrade Awards on Star Alliance Partner Airlines
- To be able to redeem miles, please log in to your account and comply with KYC requirements by verifying profile details and uploading one proof of identity and one proof of address